Directives for Homework Club 2017-2018
Homework Club is a specialized free tutoring program directed by Ms. Phyllis Lieb.
The opportunity to be part of Homework Club is by teacher invitation for students in grades 1-5. Only students identified by the teachers can attend.
The goal of Homework Club is to instill in students independent study habits so they can learn the necessary skills to become independent in doing their homework and “graduate” from the program.
Homework Club is held Monday through Thursday, from 3:15-4:00 pm, in Room 1.
Written parent permission to attend Homework Club is required.
Parents are expected to pick up their child at 4:00 pm. Students not picked up at 4:00 will be escorted to extended care and will be charged $10.00 for the day.
INVITED STUDENTS WILL:
1. Arrive no later than 3:15 pm
2. Do their homework without socializing with others
3. Respect all students and staff
4. Have all necessary materials to complete work
5. Do his/her own work
6. Follow all school rules
7. Need permission to leave classroom
8. Earn treats
9. Bring a book to read if they finish their work
10. Will clean up after themselves
11. Work to “graduate” from Homework Club
12. Be given warnings if they do not to follow Homework Club rules; more than three warnings will result in loss of Homework Club privilege
St. Catherine of Siena
18125 Sherman Way
Reseda, CA 91335
Phone: (818) 343-9880